The Maryborough’s Food & Beverage Sustainability Efforts
Bellini's Restaurant and Bar- Savouring Sustainability, One Bite at a Time
At The Maryborough Hotel's Bellini's Restaurant and Bar, we are passionate about not only serving delectable cuisine but also doing so in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. Here's how we're making a difference:
Reusable Glass Bottles:
- We care about reducing plastic waste. That's why we provide filtered water stations with reusable glass bottles. It's a small change that makes a big impact.
Sustainable Food Suppliers:
- Our food suppliers, Pallas & Sysco, have embraced green practices, using eco-friendly packaging and reducing food miles. Learn more about Pallas' efforts at
Pallas Foods – Sustainability Webpage HERE
Sysco's Ireland- Sustainability initiatives Webpage HERE
- We take waste separation seriously. Our commitment to reducing our environmental footprint means that we carefully separate disposable waste for responsible disposal.
Innovative Food Macerator-Compost Machine
- Our state-of-the-art macerator efficiently removes liquid from food waste, reducing its weight by approximately 60%. This process contributes to eco-conscious waste management.
Learn more about this compost machine and concept HERE
- Whenever possible, we source our ingredients from local suppliers, supporting our community and reducing food miles. Our commitment to sustainability extends to offering locally sourced fish and meat, as well as a variety of vegetarian and vegan menu choices.
- We're mindful of minimising unnecessary resource usage. Our F&B team has been trained to promptly remove cutlery and crockery when they are no longer needed by our guests, reducing water and energy consumption associated with re-washing.
- Every Glass Bottle, Cardboard box or Plastic container we use is carefully recycled. We believe that even the smallest steps can contribute to a cleaner and greener future.
At Bellini's Restaurant and Bar , we're dedicated to providing you with an exceptional dining experience while also making choices that support the well-being of our planet. Join us in savouring sustainability, one delicious meal at a time.