Check Availability

  • Best Rate Guaranteed
  • Breakfast Included
  • No Booking Deposit
  • Complimentary WiFi

The Hotel

Maryborough House, as it was originally named was built in 1710 by the Newenham family. Bankers who ran a private bank on Patrick Street in the 18th Century, they resided in Maryborough House for many years. The Perriers, who were originally Hugenots and supplied Cork with several Mayors, rented Maryborough from the Newenhams for 14 years. Lastly, ther Sherrard family were here for the next 120 years. They made the gardens famous for their produce and were suppliers of agricultural machinery.  

The property was purchased by Dan O'Sullivan in 1995 and restoration commenced with the addition of a new, modern extension where the servant's quarters, stables and courtyards once were. 

Maryborough House was opened as a hotel in 1997 and now holds 93 bedrooms and suites, conference and banqueting facilities, restaurant and bar, leisure club, and spa. The old house now stands on 14 acres of natural parkland and listed gardens. 

Maryborough Hotel and Spa, Maryborough Hill, Douglas, Cork, Ireland, T12 XR12.
GPS: Latitude - N 51 52.452 Longitude - W008 25.273
Tel +353 21 436 5555 | Fax +353 21 436 5662 | Email:
Registration No: 8215149E