Shop in the English Market
The English Market has been trading since 1788, and has transformed and adapted over this time to present day. One of the most notable changes is the progression into healthy, nutritious and organic foods. That, teamed with an emergence of global flavours. You'll find French cheeses, Italian pasta, Greek olives and Indian spices alongside local organic produce, meats, buttered eggs, and fresh fish. You will also find confectionery, espresso and hand-made chocolates.
With such an abundance of food and drink and a personal service that has been cultivated to perfection, a day spent at the English Market will bring a smile to your face again and again.
English Market Stalls
• Butchers – Plenty of choices here; Succulent cuts of pork, mutton, lamb and spiced beef.
• Poultry – Chicken, venison, wild rabbit, goose, pigeon and eggs-a-plenty.
• Seafood – Cod, Hake, Salmon, Mussels, Oysters, Crab, Prawns and ready-made meals. What a range!
• Coffee and Snacks – Salads, Sandwiches, Fruit, Coffee and Chocolates.
• Cheese and Pasta – Parma ham, Irish Farmhouse cheese, Salami and many Mediterranean favorites.
• Pork and Bacon – Irish sausages, Pork, Black pudding – traditional, continental or special; your choice.
• Fruit and Vegetables – Fresh healthy options and many exotic varieties.
• Chocolate – Milk, Dark and White chocolate, Gluten-free, Fairtrade and Organic.
English Market Opening Times and location
Monday – Saturday Early morning until 5:30*
Entrance via Princess Street, Grand Parade and Oliver Plunkett Street
*Times may vary
English Market Tip
Get chatty with the traders and pick up a repertoire of recipes.
For more information on the English Market, call: 00353 (0)86 1756296 or visit www.corkenglishmarket.ie
Read up about more exciting attractions and activities in Cork.
Book your stay at the Maryborough Hotel and Spa with a choice of deluxe, executive and spa guestrooms. Then sit back and plan your perfect holiday visiting The English Market plus a host of other attractions and activities in Cork.