Cellulite … the bane of a lot of ladies, and indeed gents, lives! It’s one of those things we don’t like to talk about, much less look at. And it’s frequently an area that gets many of us discouraged. How am I ever going to get rid of it? As that is the only thing we want to do with cellulite … tell it goodbye.
Fear not! There are proven methods to diminish the appearance of cellulite, and the beauty therapists at The Maryborough Spa are about to let the cat out of the bag.
First though, it is important to understand what cellulite is as this will help you understand how each method works. Cellulite is a collection of small pockets of fat trapped under the skin’s surface, giving the dreaded “orange peel” appearance. Both men and women of ALL shapes and sizes can get cellulite. The main causes of cellulite are genetics, poor circulation, poor diet, hormonal imbalance and dehydration. Additionally, cellulite is more prominent in areas such as hips, thighs and upper arms as these areas have very little circulation.
On to the important bit.
How do I get rid of cellulite?
There is no quick fix for banishing cellulite. You only need one tool in your arsenal, and that is patience!
1. Exercise is essential to boost the circulation in the area affected by cellulite. The movement will also shift those toxic trapped fat cells. Without exercise, it is virtually impossible to get rid of cellulite. A 30 minute brisk walk would be sufficient to get your circulation going! Other forms of exercise such as running, swimming and even dancing can really help improve the appearance of cellulite. Make sure to stay well hydrated, particularly during exercise, as the water will help flush out any toxins in the body.
2. Skin brushing is fantastic for boosting your circulation. Use on dry skin before your shower for maximum results. You may notice your skin going red and may feel warm afterwards; this is expected as skin brushing increases the blood flow. Our ESPA skin brush is €20 and is available at Maryborough Spa. We highly recommend including this in your routine if cellulite is a concern of yours. Skin brushing also exfoliates the skin, which leads to radiant, softer skin, a nice added bonus.
3. Follow the skin brushing with a new, highly effective body product, the highly anticipated ESPA Tri-Serum. This body serum contains plant and marine based extracts which help even skin tone and pigmentation. The seaweed extracts help boost collagen and elastin. By exfoliating and increasing the blood flow with our ESPA body brush before you apply the Tri-Serum, you are maximising the benefits from the product.
How do I prevent cellulite?
- Here are a few tips to help you prevent cellulite from reoccurring.
- Avoid refined, processed foods
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Exercise. If you have an office job, make sure to take breaks and go for a short brisk walk to keep your circulation going.
- Drink the recommended amount of water daily (Learn the proper quantity for you in this blog post)