Here are a few tips on how to look after your skin at home, from one of our Fabulous Therapists at The Maryborough Spa:
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water as a rule of thumb to look after your skin, and I would encourage at least 2 litres if possible in any day to maintain a healthy glowing complexion.This is the first most important bit of advice to follow before you even touch a skin care product, along with a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise.
- Every morning and evening I would recommend thoroughly cleansing, toning and moisturising your skin to prepare your skin for the day ahead, i.e; to combat every day pollutions in the air and then every night also to remove any debris/congestion that the skin may have accumulated that day.
- All year round a sunscreen is an absolute must. Something that has a light weight feel on the skin, that does not leave the skin feeling too heavy or sticky. I usually recommend an SPF with UVA and UVB protection. Also always remember your neck and décolletage when applying and also a little to the backs of your hands when applying, because they are often forgotton about.
- When applying makeup always do so to a cleansed, moisturised skin, and then follow up with a primer.
- A foundation brush/sponge will allow you to blend your make up base more evenly and flawlessly.
Maryborough Spa Therapist